(via Societe Perrier) Sister act Danielle and Jodie Snyder aren’t just the young talented brains behind the hot jewelry label DANNIJO. They’re also social media personalities — check out their addicting tweets — and regulars on the New York fashion and art scene. They hang with prolific blogger Man Repeller (a.k.a. Leandra Medine) and boombox lovin’ photo-journalist Lyle Owerko (who provided us with his five fave things back in September).
But back to the Snyder sisters’ super buzzy jewelry label that perfectly meshes Danielle’s boho-rocker aesthetic with Jodie’s classic sophisticated vibe. The line launched in 2008 and has since collaborated with equally as modern apparel brand Vena Cava, plus the aforementioned Man Repeller on the irreverent MR. DANNIJO line. In between Danielle and Jodie’s very busy schedules the girls took the time to share each of their five favorite things with us, making this more of a ten favorite things compilation.
DANIELLE (above left)
1. Storyteller: Questlove. We met at Summit series and have been great friends since. He tells a story like no other. He calls it “the last five minutes of the story.” It’s like the most important, juiciest details. He knows more than anyone I know about music and interesting people, and I could listen to his stories to no end.
2. Restaurant: The Crow’s Nest in Montauk. The food, the ambience, the vibe. I love it all. And that chili melon they bring out when you first get seated is just the best. Sean MacPherson is a genius.
3. Green movie: Great Expectations. How can you not love Gwyneth Paltrow after this movie? The whole movie is green and so romantic, “Don’t you understand everything I’ve done, I’ve done for you” — I love that line. “I did it…I sold them all… All of my paintings. I am a wild success. You don’t have to be embarrassed of me anymore. I’m rich. Are we happy now?” I think I’ll name my first boy Finn if I ever have one.
4. Blogger-journalist-personality: Her name is Leandra Medine and we like to say that we were separated at birth BY A BIRTH CANAL. She’s my fave. Her blog is just so-so but she’s hilarious live so try to meet her (hi Medinium!)
5. Fashion Movement: Sneakers!!! I always loved wearing sneakers growing up with my uniform skirts (tomboy that I am), so it’s nice that people can appreciate their beauty when paired with skirts and dresses — 14 years later. I wear my Ash buckle leather hi-tops pretty much nonstop. I need to get some neon kicks though to take me next level.
JODIE (above right)
1. Décor: Fresh flowers. We always had fresh flowers in the house when we grew up, and they always put me in a good mood.
2. Vacations: The beach. I will always be a Florida girl at heart and am always most relaxed when I am on the beach or near water. My favorite places to travel are always island destinations.
3. Shopping: A toss between online and vintage. I have an addiction to online shopping. I am on Shopbop and Net-a-Porter way too often. How did we function before online shopping? I also love spending hours in vintage/antique stores. You never know what you are going to find but always come out with something amazing.
4. Bar: Bar Hemingway in Paris. My favorite place to get a drink. There are so many creative minds there, and the ambience is perfect. So cozy and always fun during Paris Fashion Week.
5. Restaurant: La Giostra in Florence, Italy. I studied in Florence in college, and this is my favorite restaurant. The food is amazing and so is the owner Soldano. He wears bangles up both his arms from his wrist to elbow and never takes them off.
(But of course my all time favorite is DANNIJO. I never leave home without it. As my mom says, “I feel naked when I am not wearing DANNIJO.”)